Subfertility Extra Questions Batch A – MCQ
0 of 50 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 50 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. All of the following are causes of premature ovarian failure except:CorrectIncorrect
2. Among the following, select the strongest prognostic factor associated with recur- rent miscarriages:CorrectIncorrect
3. All of the following may adversely affect male fertility except:CorrectIncorrect
4. Post testicular causes account for the following percentage of male infertility:CorrectIncorrect
5. Choose the first option of management for mild male factor infertility:CorrectIncorrect
6. Average pregnancy rated with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)CorrectIncorrect
7. The growth factor implicated in mediating the effects of ovarian hyperstimulation is:CorrectIncorrect
8. Which one of the following statements is correct regarding recurrent miscarriage?CorrectIncorrect
9. Which ONE of the following is correct in relation to the prevalence of the main causes of infertility in the UK?CorrectIncorrect
10. Which ONE of the following clinical scenarios is considered diagnostic of polycys- tic ovarian syndrome?CorrectIncorrect
11. A 34-year-old woman, who has been trying to conceive for 3 years, is referred to the infertility clinic for further management. Which ONE of the following is an appro- priate discussion issue during her clinic counselling?CorrectIncorrect
12. A 40-year-old woman, who has been trying to conceive for 3 years, is offered IVF (in vitro fertilisation) as a treatment option by her fertility specialist. Which ONE of the following is an appropriate discussion issue during her clinic counselling?CorrectIncorrect
13. Which ONE of the following clinical scenarios is considered diagnostic of polycys- tic ovarian syndrome?CorrectIncorrect
14. Which ONE of the following is likely to predict a favourable ovarian response to gonadotrophin stimulation in IVF (in vitro fertilisation)?CorrectIncorrect
15. A 30-year-old woman has been trying to conceive for 3 years. She has infrequent menstrual cycles. Ultrasound confirms a normal uterus and polycystic ovaries. X-ray hysterosalpingogram has confirmed bilateral patent fallopian tubes. Her part-
2 ner’s semen analysis is reported as within normal limits. Her BMI is 25 kg/m . She
has normal prolactin, FSH, oestradiol and testosterone. Of the options listed, which one of the following therapies is considered the most appropriate initial therapy?CorrectIncorrect
16. The WHO classification of ovulation disorders describes three classes. Which one of the followingCorrectIncorrect
17. The WHO classification of ovulation disorders describes three classes. Which one of the following is characteristically associated with high FSH and low oestrogen (WHO Class III)?CorrectIncorrect
18. In cases of infertility:CorrectIncorrect
19. The mother of a 10-year-old girl with beta-thalassemia major seeks consultation in order to enquire about how the fertility prospects of her daughter may be affected due to her medical condition.
Which of the following statements would be incorrect to tell her?CorrectIncorrect
20. A 40-year-old man undergoes a semen analysis test. Which one of the following components listed in his test result is considered to be ABNORMAL according to WHO 2010 semen analysis criteria?CorrectIncorrect
21. The single largest cause of acquired tubal pathology is:CorrectIncorrect
22. Ms XY is 38 years old and suffers from primary infertility and endometriosis. Her recent TV scan suggests the presence of a 2.5 cm endometrioma. Her pain is well controlled using simple analgesics.
She is due to undergo IVF. Which treatment is best suited to deal with her endometrioma?CorrectIncorrect
23. Ms XY (30 years) and her male partner (26 years) have been trying to conceive naturally for the last 3 years. They have had infertility investigations over the last year. These include a normal semen analysis, normal USS pelvis, normal HSG, normal TSH, prolactin, D3 FSH, LH and normal AMH.
Her day 21 progesterone suggest ovulation. Ms XY is rubella immune and has negative swabs for an STI. Her recent cervical smear is normal. Which of the fol- lowing treatment options are best suited to her?CorrectIncorrect
24. Which of the following statements correctly describes salpingitis isthmica nodosa?CorrectIncorrect
25. Women with OHSS are specially prone to:CorrectIncorrect
26. Measures to predict ovarian response to gonadotrophin stimulation in IVF are all except:CorrectIncorrect
27. Fertiloscopy is an outpatient technique that includes (THL=transvaginal hydrolaparoscopy):CorrectIncorrect
28. Risk of transmission of HIV from HIV-positive male to female partner is negligible when all the following criteria are met except:CorrectIncorrect
29. Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism as a cause for male subfertility is seen in:CorrectIncorrect
30. Which of the following statements regarding androgen metabolism in women is not true?CorrectIncorrect
31. In counselling women planning for fertility treatment about the risk of malignancy associated with use of fertility drugs, which of the following statements is true?CorrectIncorrect
32. Surgical reversal of tubal sterilisation:CorrectIncorrect
33. The primary metabolic problem in congenital adrenal hyperplasia is a deficiency in production of:CorrectIncorrect
34. Ms XY is 7 weeks pregnant. She has been diagnosed with her 3 consecutive first- trimester miscarriages before this pregnancy. She is 28 years old and with the same partner. She is presently on folic acid supplementation. Her miscarriages remain unexplained. Which of the following treatment options are best suited to her?CorrectIncorrect
35. The direct biochemical evidence of hyperandrogenism is obtained by measurement of serum:CorrectIncorrect
36. A 28-year-old amenorrhoeic woman who wishes to become pregnant attends the fertility clinic complaining of galactorrhoea and mild visual disturbance. Her serum prolactin level was found to be elevated.
An MRI scan of the head is performed, which showed the presence of a macroprolactinoma, but without supracellar extension. What is the most appropriate first line management?CorrectIncorrect
37. In the female, which cell type secretes Anti-Mullerian hormone?CorrectIncorrect
38.A woman with tubal disease is advised to have IVF treatment to maximise her chances of pregnancy. On reading the information leaflet, she is very concerned about the risks of ovarian hyperstim- ulation syndrome. What is the chance of developing severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) and requiring hospitalisation in women under- going controlled ovarian hyperstimulation?CorrectIncorrect
39. What is the predominant cause of anovulatory infertility?CorrectIncorrect
40. What is the first-line pharmacological treatment for anovulatory polycystic ovary syndrome?CorrectIncorrect
41. A 32-year-old woman presents to the gynaecology clinic with galactorrhoea and secondary amenorrhoea. A serum prolactin level is measured and found to be elevated. What is the main mechanism by which hyperprolactinemia causes secondary amenorrhoea?CorrectIncorrect
42. Following an IVF treatment cycle where 15 oocytes were collected, a patient presents to the clinic with abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. An ultrasound scan is performed, which shows the ovaries to be enlarged with a mean diameter of 10 cm. There is a small amount of ascites.
What is the diagnosis?CorrectIncorrect
43. What type of electrolyte disturbance is often seen in association with severe cases of OHSS?CorrectIncorrect
44. A woman with a severe cases of OHSS initially presented with tense ascites, oliguria and a haematocrit of 46%.She was treated with appropriate fluid replacement and the haematocrit is now in the normal range.However, she remains markedly oliguric. What is the appropriate management?CorrectIncorrect
45. What is the recommended test for the biochemical detection of hyperandrogenism?CorrectIncorrect
46. What is the mechanism of action of Metformin?CorrectIncorrect
47. What is the estimated prevalence of endometriosis in infertile women?CorrectIncorrect
48. During fertility investigations, a woman is found to be susceptible to Rubella and is offered vaccination. How long should she use contraception before trying to conceive again?CorrectIncorrect
49. Following fertility investigations, a man is found to have idiopathic oligozoospermia. He enquires if there is any treatment he can take to improve his sperm count.
What would you recommend?CorrectIncorrect
50. Following a full set of investigations in the fertility clinic, a couple are diagnosed as having unexplained infertility since all the tests have been reported as normal. The couple have been trying to conceive for 3 years.
What treatment would be recommended?CorrectIncorrect