0 of 10 Questions completed
You must fill out this field.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- A 16-year-old G1P0 patient is brought for an examination due to a probable pregnancy. The patient says that she became sexually active approximately 5 months ago. To estimate her gestational age, you palpate the abdomen. At approximately 20 weeks’ estimated gestational age, which of the following best describes the uterus in a normal pregnancy?
- A 21-year-old G1 now P1 just delivered after a prolonged induction of labor due to being postdates. After the placental delivery she continues to bleed excessively. Your initial intervention to address this bleeding is to activate the normal physiologic mechanisms. Which of the following is the most important hemostatic mechanismin combating postpartumhemorrhage?
- During a pelvic examination on a patient that is approximately 8 weeks’ gestation by dates and pelvic examination, one adnexa is found to be slightly enlarged. This is most commonly due to which of the following?
- A patient presents for her new obstetrical (OB) examination. She is 23 years of age and G1PO at 10 weeks without problems. Her prepregnant body mass index (BMI) was 22. As part of her pregnancy based education, you informher that she should follow a balanced diet with a recommended weight gain of approximately how many pounds?
- A patient presents for her routine prenatal visit at 34 weeks’ estimated gestational age (EGA). She is complaining to the nurse of back pain. Her pulse and temperature are normal as well as her urine dip. After the examination you determine that it is due to exaggerate posture caused by her weight (BMI 35) and her pregnancy. Which of the following is a characteristic posture of pregnancy?
- The physiologic changes of pregnancy can alter many of the common laboratory tests. During the evaluation of a patient with tachycardia, hypertension, and headache you are considering both hyperthyroidismversus an atypical preeclampsia and draw the following laboratory tests. To correctly interpret the results, it is necessary to distinguish between normal versus abnormal changes during pregnancy. Which of the following would normally be expected to increase during pregnancy?
- The consistency of the cervical mucous is an indicator of phase of the menstrual cycle and hence fertility. The presence of ferning depends on which of the following hormones?
- Spinnbarkeit describes which of the following?
- Which of the following is mediated by progesterone thus implying successful ovulation?
- The anatomy of the spinal cord and dural space is important when giving regional spinal anesthesia. At what approximate spinal level do the dural space and the spinal cord, respectively, end?