Ovarian Cancer – MCQ
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A 55-year-old woman presents with symptoms of an ovarian mass that has been confirmed on ultrasound scan. It is a theca cell tumour. What is the most appropriate advice regarding prognosis?CorrectIncorrect
2. A 69-year-old woman underwent optimal surgical staging for suspected early stage ovarian cancer. Her final histology showed stage 1a grade 3 epithelial ovarian cancer. What is the preferred plan of care after discussion in MDT?CorrectIncorrect
3. Systematic retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy as part of standard surgical treatment in women with suspected ovarian cancer whose disease appears to be confined to the ovaries (that is, who appears to have stage I disease) should be avoided as per the guidelines. What is systematic retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy?CorrectIncorrect
4. RMI is recommended to triage post-menopausal women with ovarian cyst to assess low, moderate or high risk of malignancy. This is calculated as U (ultrasound score) × M (menopausal status) × CA125.
What is the risk of ovarian cancer in a woman who has an RMI of 25–250 (moderate risk)?CorrectIncorrect
5. The lifetime risk of ovarian cancer in the general population is 1.4%. However, women with hereditary ovarian cancer syndrome have significantly higher risks of developing ovarian cancer. What is the risk of ovarian cancer in a woman who has a BRCA1 mutation carrier?CorrectIncorrect