Gynaecology Oncology (Platinum) – MCQ
0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. 34 year-old Rachel, multiparous woman, completed her family, diagnosed with a suspected borderline left ovarian tumour and is awaiting laparotomy.Her case was discussed in oncology MDT and frozen section and conservative or complete staging surgery was decided. On counselling of treatment, she wants to know the accuracy of frozen section.How many cases diagnosed as borderline ovarian tumours on frozen section would be later reclassified as invasive tumours?CorrectIncorrect
2. Ms. Susan, 45-year-old, has been diagnosed with stage 3c ovarian cancer.She is keen to know about her prognosis.
What is the 5-year survival rate in UK for advanced ovarian cancer?CorrectIncorrect
3. Ms.Leslie, 59year old has been referred by GP.She is suspected with fallopian tube cancer, family history of ovarian cancer in her mother and sister.She has been diagnosed as BRCA2 carrier.
All of the following symptoms she can present with except,CorrectIncorrect
4. Mrs. Adams, 62year old haspresented with Anorexia,colicky pain in lower abdomen that gets better with profuse vaginal discharge.On further evaluation she has been diagnosed with Fallopian tube cancer.
All are true regarding her management exceptCorrectIncorrect
5. Mrs.Hamilton, 62 year old, presented with uncontrollable itching, which is worst at night. On examinations, cigarette paper like appearance, fused labia is seen.Biopsy was taken which showed, hyperkeratotic epidermis, underlying hyalinised dermis and chronic inflammatory cell infiltration. The recommended first line of treatment in Lichen sclerosus is:CorrectIncorrect
6. Ms.Briganza, 50 year old is here for her pap smear as a part of screening programme, she is keen to know about frequency of screening of breast cancer which is offered free in NHS.
Which one of the following correctly describes the NHS breast cancer screening programme?CorrectIncorrect
7. Ms.Sweetie, 44 year old, presented with vulval itching and discomfort,she has been treated for CIN2last year. She is a chronic smoker and smokes around 15 cigarettes a day. On vulval examination,there is warty lesion along with red plaque lesions. When you counsel her, she is asking for most common reason for her condition.CorrectIncorrect
8. You are seeing Mrs. Jennet Maxwell,32year old primigravida, who works as a teacher. She conceived after IVF, is at26 weeks of gestation, and has presented with breathing difficulty for which GP has referred her to scan.
Her pregnancy was a low risk pregnancy.
ALL scans and blood tests have been normal so far.
Her pre-pregnancy weight is 60 kg. Her BMI IS 26.
She is on multivitamins. On examination no signs and symptoms of Deep vein thrombosis is seen.
Her compression duplex ultrasound on leg is normal, so chest X-ray was performed with abdominal shield. It is abnormal. So she is advised to undergo CTPAas there is high suspicion of pulmonary embolism. During counselling she asks her lifetime increase in risk of breast cancer with CTPACorrectIncorrect
9. What is the most common benign hepatic tumour in pregnancy?CorrectIncorrect
10. Ms. Katie,34 year old multiparous lady has been diagnosed with Lynch syndrome. She was evaluated as her mother was diagnosed with endometrial cancer,aunt was diagnosed with ovarian cancer & two of her maternal uncle died of colon cancer. She has 3children and she has completed her family.What is the suggested management for reduction of risk for her .CorrectIncorrect
11. All are true regarding benefits of oral contraceptive pills exceptCorrectIncorrect
12. All are true regarding borderline ovarian tumourexceptCorrectIncorrect
13. Which tumour marker is raised in Mucinous borderline ovarian tumourCorrectIncorrect
14. All are true regarding Endometrial polyps exceptCorrectIncorrect
15. 50 year old BRCA1carrier was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer. She has undergone mastectomy and she is in adjuvant Tamoxifen. She has been counselled regarding risk of developing Endometrial cancer, as it has weak agonist effect on endometrium. Women on tamoxifen have increased incidence of endometrial cancer byCorrectIncorrect
16. A 30 year-old woman who is para 3 presented with heaviness in abdomen and vague symptoms, she was diagnosed as Dysgerminoma. She was treated with surgery and chemotherapy for stage IC dysgerminoma. She wants to know her estimated five-year survival?CorrectIncorrect
17. All are true regarding principles of chemotherapy exceptCorrectIncorrect
18. A 60 year-old woman who is multiparous presents with lower abdominal pain, bloating and weight loss. No family history of ovarian cancer.
Pelvic examination reveals a 8 cm pelvic mass and a normal size, mobile uterus.
What is the most appropriate primary investigation for suspected ovarian cancer in this case?CorrectIncorrect
19. Which chemotherapeutic drug should be avoided in patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseCorrectIncorrect
20. All are true regarding radiotherapy exceptCorrectIncorrect
21. A 30-year-old multiparous woman with a suspected borderline left ovarian tumour is awaiting laparotomy, frozen section and conservative or complete staging surgery. She wants to know the accuracy of frozen section. How many cases diagnosed as borderline ovarian tumours on frozen section would be later reclassified as invasive tumours?CorrectIncorrect
22. What is the incidence of concomitant endometrial cancer in %, in the uterus specimen if the hysterectomy had been done for atypical hyperplasia?CorrectIncorrect
23. A 46-year-old nulliparous woman is seen with bloating and weight loss. Ultrasound confirms the presence of an irregular vascular 7 cm solid lesion adjacent to the left ovary. Ascites is present. What is the most appropriate course of management?CorrectIncorrect
24. All are true regarding verrucous carcinoma of vulva, exceptCorrectIncorrect
25. A 55-year-old woman is diagnosed with stage IB endometrial cancer. She declines any surgical intervention and requests radiotherapy as an alternative. What will be the risk of recurrence if she is treated using radiotherapy?CorrectIncorrect