Genetics – MCQ
0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Regarding structure of DNA all are true exceptCorrectIncorrect
2. Mr,and MRS,Alexander are her for preconceptional counselling .Both of them are carriers of most common mutation, ΔF508
They want to know chances of them having normal childCorrectIncorrect
3. Ms. Shakeela has come with her partner for genetic counselling. He partner Adam is carrier of Duchenne muscular dystrophy .Ms.shaakeelas status is unknown..All are true regarding the inheritance exceptCorrectIncorrect
4. A pregnant woman attends the antenatal clinic with a family history of Genetic tests have been performed on her and her partner that have revealed they are both carriers ofcystic fibrosis .
both carriers of the most common mutation associated with cystic fibrosis: the deltaF508 mutation
The woman and her partner have some questions, which they put to you in clinic.
Her sister’s husband has a sister affected with cystic fibrosis deficiency and has asked your patient to make enquiries for her. What is the chance her sister and her husband will have an affected child? Neither of them have had any genetic tests.CorrectIncorrect
5. If both parents are carriers for beta thalassemia , what are the chances of this couple having an affected child ?CorrectIncorrect
6. Gestation at which Chorionic villus sampling is doneCorrectIncorrect
7. Mrs. X, 34 years of age at 17 weeks’ gestation has a 1 in 16 risk of Down syndrome on the quadruple test and wants to confirm fetal karyotype.hse wants to know definitely whetehr her baby would be affected by Down’s or not .which of the following prenatal test you advise her ?CorrectIncorrect
8. Mr&Mr.s Adam , first degree Consanguineous couple, now 11 weeks pregnant. Mrs. Adams , G4 P2L1 A1 with bbay girl child with thalassaemia minor, one previous child who died of thalassaemiamajor and one termination of pregnancy following fetal diagnosis.
not .which of the following prenatal test you advise her ?
case beta-thalassemia, autosomal recessive with a 25 % chance of recurrence, a CVS would be ideal. CVS can be done at 11 weeks to obtain fetal DNA—allows for earlier diagnosis and, if results are unfavourable, gives the option of a first-trimester TOP.CorrectIncorrect
9. All the following are autosomal dominant diseases exceptCorrectIncorrect
10. You are conducting basic class in genetics
You begin by explaining that the number of chromosomes in a fetus is how many?CorrectIncorrect
11. A newborn female with edema of the hands and feet.what karyotype it’s suggestiveCorrectIncorrect