0 of 10 Questions completed
You must fill out this field.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1.You are counseling a 16-year-old G1P0 girl and her 16-year-old boyfriend. Two weeks ago they received a quad screen result with a 1:50 risk for Down syndrome. She has noninformative family history and medical history. You begin counseling by explaining that the number of chromosomes in a fetus is how many?CorrectIncorrect
- 2. You performan ultrasound that places the fetus currently at 15½ weeks’ gestation. You should counsel which of the following?
- 3. If she decides she would like amniocentesis, you counsel her the complications would include which of the following?
4.A 25-year-old G1P0, 20 weeks’ gestation has a family history of classic hemophilia. Her uncle on her mother’s side and her brother are affected. A perinatal ultrasound notes a male fetus. What is the chance that her son (in utero) will inherit hemophilia?CorrectIncorrect
5. A female who possesses an X-linked trait may do so because either she inherited a recessive gene from both her mother and her father or which of the following?CorrectIncorrect
6. Approximately what percentage of spontaneous first-trimester abortions shows chromosomal abnormalities?CorrectIncorrect
7. Live births of infants would demonstrate approximately what percentage of chromosomal abnormalities?CorrectIncorrect
- 8. A 22-year-old woman and her husband are being counseled after a first-trimester miscarriage. She has no significant medical problems. Her physical examination is unremarkable and in counseling her you explain in lay terms that the most likely cause of her miscarriage is aneu-ploidy. Which of the following is the most common aneuploidy causing miscarriage?
9. Which of the following would be the simplest, yet most useful, initial test to begin her evaluation?CorrectIncorrect
10. Given the description of this patient, which of the following is her most likely diagnosis?CorrectIncorrect