Core Surgical Skills (Platinum) – MCQ
0 of 25 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Safety measures to prevent laparoscopic electrosurgical complications include all of the following except:CorrectIncorrect
2. In electro surgical procedures , tissue is heated by electric current .
Temperature at Whcih coagulation occurs isCorrectIncorrect
3. An electrosurgical unit (ESU) consists of a generator and a handpiece with one or more electrodes. The device is controlled using a switch on the a foot switch.CorrectIncorrect
4. All are true regarding safe Electrocautery procdures exceptCorrectIncorrect
5. You are asked to see a 21-year-old para 1 in the early pregnancy assessment unit. She is 9 weeks into her second pregnancy and presents with cramping abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding. Pelvic ultrasound scan shows a picture of incomplete miscarriage. She opts for surgical management of the miscarriage, and you consent her for surgical evacuation.
What is the risk of uterine perforation at the time of surgical evacuation?CorrectIncorrect
6. A 55-year-old woman is due to come in for total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for a large mucinous ovarian cyst. She takes sequential HRT for menopausal symptoms.
What is the approximate overall risk of serious complications from abdominal hysterectomy?CorrectIncorrect
7. You see a 48-year-old woman opting for a hysterectomy for management of her heavy menstrual bleeding. While obtaining her consent for the operation you explain to her that haemorrhage requiring transfusion is a ‘common’ procedural risk. What is the numerical ratio for a complication when it is quoted as ‘common’?CorrectIncorrect
8. You have been asked by your consultant to write a patient information lea et on caesarean section. You decide to include information on serious and frequently occurring risks.
What is the incidence of ureteric injury at the time of caesarean section?CorrectIncorrect
9. Which is correct regarding entry technique in laparoscopic surgery?CorrectIncorrect
10. Most common laparoscopic injury reported to National pt insurance Association.CorrectIncorrect
11. Ms. X 50 years old woman is here to discuss consent for Abdominal hysterectomy due to abnormal uterine bleeding, she tried all conservative measures(Mirena, tranexamic acid, ablation ) She is on clopidogrel. If the benefits of stopping clopidogrel outweigh the risks, how long should clopidogrel be stopped prior to surgery?CorrectIncorrect
12. You see a 30 years old pregnant women a for elective repeat cesarean section. While obtaining her consent for the operation you explain to her that persistent wound and abdominal discomfort in the first few months after surgery, is common risk.
What is the numerical ratio for a complication when it is quoted as ‘common’?CorrectIncorrect
13. This instrument is used commonly in cesarean section. What is the name of this instrument ?CorrectIncorrect
14. Mrs. Marsha is diagnosed as Stage 1A endometrial cancer. Her BMI is 40kg/m2, she was posted for TAH with BSO via midline laparotomy. In OT, scrub nurse is asking to prepare suture for abdominal closures, she is worried about burst abdomen as a complication. Which Suture material would you ask her to keep ready for mass closure?CorrectIncorrect
15. 37-year-old P2L2 has been posted for diagnostic laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain. She has undergone a midline vertical laparotomy for ruptured ectopic pregnancy. The decision of doing a closed-entry technique at the palmer’s point has been made. Which of the following is the correct anatomical description of Palmer’s point?CorrectIncorrect
16. During the insertion of the primary trocar, the intra-abdominal pressure following the veress needle insertion is maintained between 22-25 mm Hg. All are true regarding this, exceptCorrectIncorrect
17. The incidence of periumbilical adhesion with previous laparoscopy isCorrectIncorrect
18. Your consultant is doing a diagnostic laparoscopy for a 30 year old woman who has presented to you with chronic pelvic vein. Your consultant has asked you to identify the marked structure. Identify the structure.CorrectIncorrect
19. The overall risk of serious complication during a diagnostic hysteroscopy isCorrectIncorrect
20. The first-choice anti-septic unless contraindicated for the surgical site that is next to the mucous membrane isCorrectIncorrect
21. 35-year-old P1L1, is planned for a resection of a sub-mucous fibroid. Hysteroscopy reveals,
What is the ideal distension medium for the resection of the fibroid using a resectoscope?CorrectIncorrect
22. The preferred transverse incision is Joel-Cohen incision because it hasCorrectIncorrect
23. All are true regarding bipolar devices and the energy, exceptCorrectIncorrect
24. The following are good practice points while using a monopolar device, except:CorrectIncorrect
25. 38 year old multiparous woman is undergoing diagnostic laparoscopy for chronic pelvic pain. What is the chance that the bowel injury might be missed at the time of laparoscopy?CorrectIncorrect