Antenatal Care (Platinum) – MCQ
0 of 25 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A 24 primiparous patient with a spontaneous conception is seen in a booking antenatal clinic at 14 weeks gestation. Her BMI is 26 and she smokes 10 cigarettes a day. Her combined test gave a low risk for Down syndrome, however the PAPPA level was noted to be 0.3 MoM. What fetal growth surveillance would be most appropriate, according to the RCOG green Top Guideline No. 31 (Investigation and Management of the Small for Gestational Age Fetus)?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which of the following is correct regarding a normal antenatal Doppler ultrasound study?CorrectIncorrect
3. All the following are autosomal dominant diseases exceptCorrectIncorrect
4. 42yr old primigravida with BMI of 27 conceived following Assisted reproduction, underwent SGA assessment of the fetus. The fetal growth was plotted on the graph and is given below
The uterine artery Doppler showed the following appearance.
The most appropriate management for her is.CorrectIncorrect
5. A30 year old G3P2L2 at 30 weeks was diagnosed to have a fetus with EFW which when plotted on the graph was <5th percentile. The umbilical artery Doppler revealed the following appearance.
The most appropriate management option for the woman isCorrectIncorrect
6. This is a linked question to Q5. The woman in Q5 was further followed up and at 30 weeks showed the Doppler waveform as given below. What is the most appropriate action?CorrectIncorrect
7. Which of the following is correct regarding a normal antenatal Doppler ultrasound study?CorrectIncorrect
8. Mrs. X, a 30-year-old woman books in the antenatal clinic at 12 weeks of gestation with a BMI of 42.This is her first baby and she is normally fit and well with no significant family history.With regard to her BMI, which complication of pregnancy is the highest risk compared to women with a normal BMI?CorrectIncorrect
9. Ms.X is 32weeks pregnant with uncomplicated triplet pregnancy. She is asking when she can be delivered.The recommended gestational age to offer delivery to an uncomplicated triplet pregnancy is:CorrectIncorrect
10. Mr. and MRS. Alexander are here for preconceptional counselling.Both of them are carriers of most common mutation, ΔF508. They want to know chances of them having normal childCorrectIncorrect
11. Mrs.X,28 years old woman who is 36 weeks pregnant in her second pregnancy comes to the labour ward because of upper abdominal pain and slight vaginal bleeding. Her first pregnancy ended in Caesarean section because of placental abruption. She has a normal blood pressure (BP) and a reactive non-stress test. What are her chances of having another placental abruption?CorrectIncorrect
12. Ms. X, 28 years old woman had an open spina bifida lesion closed in the early neonatal period and subsequently she relies on a wheelchair for mobility and intermittent self-catheterisation. She is seeking your advice about the chance of her having a baby similarly affected by a neural tube defect.CorrectIncorrect
13. Ms.Sweetie, 32 year old conceived by IVF pregnancy .She got dating scan done just now .You counselled her regarding twin to twin transfusion syndrome . MCDA twin pregnancy monitoring to detect TTTS starts at which week?CorrectIncorrect
14. FGM Is traditional cultural practice in many African and Egyptian countries.
According to UK epidemiology, how, many girls aged under 15 years have undergone this as part of tradition?CorrectIncorrect
15. Which of the following country has highest Percentage of girls and women aged 15–49 who has undergone FGM?CorrectIncorrect
16. FGM Is traditional cultural practice in many countries of the world.
Which of the following country has least Percentage of girls and women aged 15–49 who has undergone FGM?CorrectIncorrect
17. The lower urinary tract symptoms are common in women with which type of FGM?CorrectIncorrect
18. Keloid scarring has been reported in up to what %of women in women undergoing FGM ?CorrectIncorrect
19. Document maternal history of FGM in the personal child health record prior to postnatal discharge. This personal child health record is calledCorrectIncorrect
20. All are true regarding FGM exceptCorrectIncorrect
21. Which of the following statement is true regarding DefibulationCorrectIncorrect
22. Ms.Halima . 17 year old presented with recurrent Urinary tract infection .on Sensitive enquiry she accepts that she has undergone FGM . On examination , only difference she has a Genital piercing .This type of FGMCorrectIncorrect
23. Fibrinogen deficiency may be associated with bleeding, but quantitative and qualitative deficiency can also be associated with thrombosis and pregnancy loss. In the neonate, afibrinogenaemia has been associated with ICH and umbilical bleeding. Which of the following statements is false:CorrectIncorrect
24.There is evidence of better overall obstetric outcome after bariatric surgery compared with women with class III obesity who are managed conservatively. Pregnancy can exacerbate nutritional deficiencies that predate pregnancy. Which of the following is the commonest vitamin deficiencies in women can occur post bariatric surgery:CorrectIncorrect
25. A woman presents for booking in the first trimester, she is taking lithium for her mental health.How often should her serum lithium levels be checked?CorrectIncorrect