Abortion Care – MCQ
0 of 7 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is the most common statutory ground for abortions (abortion act 1967)in UkCorrectIncorrect
2. What percentage of women undergo abortion under clause c of abortion act 1967 in UKCorrectIncorrect
3. 24 year old woman at 21 weeks has come to you to discuss her anomaly scan result which shows Unilateral talipes of left leg. No other anomalies. She is insisting on termination of pregnancy as she cannot think of having a handicapped child even after counseling. Your consultant has discussed and agreed for termination. She wants to know the maximum time she can wait for the procedure as her husband is out of the country.CorrectIncorrect
4. 24 year old woman at 21 weeks 3days has come to you to discuss her anomaly scan result which shows Unilateral talipes of left leg. No other anomalies .she is insisting for termination of pregnancy as she cannot think of having a handicapped child even after counselling. Your consultant has discussed and agreed for termination. She wants to wait for 2 weeks for her husband to arrive
What is the most important information you have to give her if she wants to delay for 2 weeks?CorrectIncorrect
5. Dr.Xx, doctor in early pregnancy unit is reviewing a patient at 1800hrs.
Consultant has gone out he will take 60minutes to reach. I’m available incase of any emergency.
Ms.Melanie, 18year old, who has come with excessive bleeding p/v .She was 8weeks pregnant and had taken mifepristone followed by misoprostol for medical termination of pregnancy. She is very pale with pulse 120 bpm Blood pressure off 80/50mm of Hg. On examination -products of conception seen at vital os Dr.xx is the only doctor available at that shift & she has religious constraints to do abortion.
What is the correct thing to do nowCorrectIncorrect
6. The Abortion Act hasa conscientious objection clause, which permits doctors (and nurses) to refuse to participate in any treatment authorised by the Act if it conflicts with their religious or moral beliefs.
This claused does not apply where it is necessary to save life or prevent grave permanent injury to the woman’s physical or mental health.
At what gestational age stillbirth needs to be registeredCorrectIncorrect
7. Ms.Tina /16 year old girl accompanied by mother has presented to A&E with severe lower abdominal pain she is hypotensive with pain score of 8/10 . USG revealed twisted right ovarian cyst measuring 8x7cm requiring emergency laparotomy. Tina is found to be Gillick competent and she is refusing the surgery. Mother is willing to go ahead with the surgery . What is the appropriate action?CorrectIncorrect